Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Therro Magazine Interviews E-SOD


What's the first thing you would say to someone when they ask you to describe yourself as an artist?

I try to think outside of the box so… Different because I try to write lyrics that makes sense to me and that are relevant to life. Strange because my songs don’t follow your normal everyday Hip-Hop formula (Thugs, bitches, Drugs, Clubs). Also, I’m very influenced by poetry.


How long have you been in the industry?

I’ve been doing this Hip-Hop thing independently for five years and its been a blast. I feel blessed.



What inspires your music?


A lot of things really… Interactions with people, friends, family, movies, music, not being able to sleep at night, relationships, talking to myself, and Lady GaGa.



Where are you from?

I was born in Baghdad, Iraq. I’m Chaldean. I moved to the US when I was six years old. I fell in love with Riverside, CA and that’s where I’ve been most of my life. Big ups RIVERSIDE!



What artists in the industry inspire you the most today?


Where to begin? Immortal Technique, Cage, Benefit, Atmosphere, Slick Rick , Cypress Hill, Brother Ali, Grieves, Chino XL, Biggie, 2Pac, Eminem, KRS-One, Redman, Wu-Tang Clan, Del, Mase, Dr. Dre, Easy-E, Nas, Fort Minor, Red hot chilli Peppers, Cake, Mos Def, MF DOOM, Talib Kweli, and lots more.



Why is that?

They are personal. They talk about struggles or situations they’ve been through. Whether its true or not there’s always a lesson to learn. I feel that Hip-Hop educated me when I was going through my bad times.



What makes you different from other artist today?

I just want to put out good music. Fame or stardom has nothing to do with it.



What do you want your future fans to know about you?

I hope they are able to see that I speak from my heart and I mean what I say. I hope they’ll enjoy my work as much as I enjoyed making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment